OIG Healthcare Targets for 2012
October 10th, 2011
On October 5, the Office of Inspector General released it's 2012 work plan.
Medicare Part B areas that will be investigated include:
- Incident to services--specifically for those that physicians that collect more than the norm for their speciality.
- Unrelated services provided during global surgery periods.
- Place of service errors.
- Compliance with assignment rules--specifically are providers writing-down or writing-off per Medicare determinations.
- Ambulatory service centers.
- Sleep testing.
- Excessive payments for diagnostic radiology.
For the complete plan for Medicare Part B, visit http://oig.hhs.gov/reports-and-publications/archives/workplan/2012/WP01-Mcare_A+B.pdf.
There are no comments yet.